Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Declaration

  I ask a lot of questions, I know! People often say to me, that is, those who will talk to me at all, and they say to me, why so many question marks? Now, this question has sent me into somewhat of a tizzy before, because it would lead me to question my punctuation? Let's take that last statement for instance?  That one could have ended with a period I suppose, but I chose the mark of the question because I used the word question, do you see? Now this last one, that being the one before this one, couldn't have ended in anything but a question mark! But also, in that same scenario lies a question, doesn't it? Do you see my quandry, do you understand my dilema?
  I suppose that there is a point to all of this, and that being, that my punctuation choices may in fact be suspect? But I don't know. But then again, I think to myself, that this is not a good enough answer, and it can be no place to leave my readers hanging! And so, I will attempt at making it clearer for you, but also for myself! My punctuation is sometimes confusing, because often myself, I don't know how the sentence should end? Those are the times, when I am done typing the sentence, and I think to myself, Was that a question, a statement, or a declaration?

No comments:

Post a Comment