Friday, May 24, 2013

Just The Typewriter

  It has been somewhat of a hectic time lately, a lot is happening all at once! And with all that's going on in the world, do you know what I'm worried about? That stupid poem I sort of promised?  I still will do it, but can you imagine? Would it be a good poem, will people like it? Doubts? I hate doubts!
  But the strangest thing is, that I know I can do it! This is how I know? My tormentors over at Apple, have seen fit using something that they call Genius, and is everything but! It shuffles my music when I don't want it shuffled, and it does so with no apparent logic? But anyway, on this one particular shuffle, it fell onto Brand New Day by Van Morrison, which is the song I was going to use in my little experiment. But the reason I say that I could do it, is that almost immediately, I started thinking in verse? If I had been sitting at my computer at the time, I would have nailed it, and right on time! The phrases and sentences fell together beautifully, even for those that were of a heavier matter! Beautiful phrases, dark phrases, phrases of the logic of life, all of which were reasons to choose life!
  A boasted life is a life less worn, a time for tenderness past by sadly as we watched. A requiem for revivals not yet heard? A time harvested for souls who refuse to see!
  These are not my words, No, not mine! But I am here too! Me Ed, the guy who smokes too much, cusses too much, yells too much, and flirts too much! I am here too! You see I'm just the typewriter in all this, I type away, more ignorant in a sort of way, far less understanding as to what it is that is happening? Each time I post one of these, I always look to the box at the bottom that says Comment, but no one ever does?

No comments:

Post a Comment