Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Poetic Sense

  It's funny me picking Hip Hop as the beat for the song I spoke of in that last post? It is strange in a lot of ways, but in two ways primarily? First, I know next to nothing about the genre, and though it must have some redeeming values, in truth, I don't really like it? But on the flip side of that, is the fact that it is easy to fit lyrics! The words that I wrote were about two different men, but I sung them to Max in a rap beat! The problem for me, is that I don't write music, and frankly, even if I did, I doubt I could remember it? It is not that it was complete, as I think it would need a few more verses, a bridge, and to make the whole thing run between three and three and a half minutes! Hitsville you see? Not too much, but just a good and steady beat! In my day, it would be a 45, and it would play on the AM stations.
  I hadn't planned on putting this on my blog, but thought I would just drop a note from my G+ page? But then, for some reason, I looked to explain my last post, and the thing just grew, until I thought it best to sit and put pen to pad? The short version, that is, what I thought only a quick note from my page, was an experiment I looked to try? Some of you know what I am talking about, as I have had some limited success in the past, with similar attempts. Putting words to music, without a written score?  In other words, putting the two together! So it occurred to me, that maybe I was going about it all wrong? If it is to work, it should be done cold, with no script, while listening to it. But this will be a bit risky for me, as I have given myself no safety net? Meaning, that I will correct spelling and grammar as best I can, but I will publish whatever comes of it. In other words, it will be an honest attempt! I'm not at all sure how it will work out, but I think that whatever it is, it will come out in a poetic sense?
  So anyway, I invite you all over to my Youtube site, if you want to see how it will turn out? But however it goes, when I run out of time, I will push the Publish button. Obviously, my biggest concern is with the timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment