Monday, February 25, 2013

The Banana People

  At the table tonight, we were discussing cancer? And it led to that inevible debate regarding healthy eating habits? To which, I gave my usual rebuke and I said, You won't be happy until I am grazin on the grass, and drinking rain water! Funny yes, but also there is a strange thread of truth to it?
  So anyway, this is when the Banana people came up. As it turns out, people will rip open the plastic bags with the bananas, six to a bunch? And why wouldn't you, as they charge by the pound? But it drives the grocers nuts, and there is this ongoing battle regarding it! Into this fray, my wife decided to insert herself? She tells the guy, Look, why should she pay for bananas that she doesn't want? Why was this so important I inquired, and she went on to tell me, that the fruit rots to quickly lately, probably because of the time spent in different warehouses, and trucking firms! Oh, I said, sounds like a logistical problem? Yes she said, and then the conversation morphed into food additives? Now on this, we both agreed that surely, these must have something to do with the subject at hand? Funny how things have a habit of coming back around.

No comments:

Post a Comment