Friday, February 1, 2013

A Mighty Roar

  I dreamt I was walking in a strange land, and I was in a deep forest. And I came to a clearing, where the hot sun had bleached white the granite stone! A place much brighter then the forest from where I had come. And as I moved forward, the darkness of the forest, slowly gave way to the light, and I stepped from the shadows, and into the light! I stopped and stood still, and it was as if time had stopped with me? I saw that I was in a valley, and the canyon walls of granite rose up on either side! Mighty granite walls, that glistened clean in the bright sun light! This granite had deep crevices in it, which were damp with green moss. At the base of these twin monoliths, were giant boulders, partially covered by smaller rocks and pebbles. The boulders that were strewn about were huge, and they dwarfed me!
  Then I looked down the middle of the valley, to see if I could see the end of it? But as I was looking, I could no longer see what I had intended to see? What came in front of me was a scene, like a still picture at first, and then showing like a film in front of me? Just as I was thinking I knew what it was that the scene was, it would change, as if the spool had turned, and another frame with a new scene appeared before my eyes? Each time I settled in, thinking that I knew what it meant, it too would move on?
  I stopped looking for awhile, and I looked instead to the sky, and as I did this, I threw back my head, and roared? It had come most unexpected, it was as if it had belched forth on it's own? Before this happened, I remember feeling something deep within me stir? As I listened, the sound faded in echoes, until I could hear it no more? It had felt good, and so I did it again. Only this time I put my all into it, and screamed forth a yell, a mighty roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment