Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Billy

  I will miss you my friend, old times always seem the best! I remember one summer very well! It was the summer when we stole the raft from the lake, and paddled it out as far as we could! I can't remember how we got it free from it's moorings, but I remember the day, and I remember it so well! We had been out to the channel, after leaving Snake Island, and towards the end, we were over by Dickerson's point. That's when the cops came, and we got to shore as fast as we could? I remember that at least one person panicked and jumped off before we got to shore! I can't remember whether it was Terry, or Dennis? But I know that it wasn't us, and Tockers made it to shore with dry cloths also!
  But the day, that warm summer day! Just a couple of buddies floatin out on the lake, acting like a bunch of Tom Sawyers! Those were the days! Just a couple of care free kids on a perfect summer day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment