Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Volcano

  So apparently, this spirit of frustration has re-raised my biggest fear? When something is beyond my control, I get frustrated, and too often that results in rage! Rightous anger is a good thing, while rage is not. Sadly or not, very few outside of my immediate family have ever seen this side of me. Not that I fear doing any physical harm to anyone, as my weapons are no longer my fists, but are my words.
  In fact, to get more specific, I fear that one day, some poor slob is going to push the wrong button, and that I will unlease on them a verbal tirade that will no doubt reduce them to a babling pile of goo in some corner! Now I wouldn't want to do that to anyone unsuspectedly. Meaning that there are some who I am itching to get at! But to do it to a perfect stranger? Why, because I can?
  No, it is best if I hold it at bay, so when I do feel it coming on, I bite my tongue hard to remind myself of the power of words as a tool of personal destruction. In other words, I suppress it and push it further down. But then I think about the word down, and I realize that it isn't gone, but just further below/ Kind of like a volcano waiting to explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment