Tuesday, November 3, 2015

What is cool?

  I have been told that I should continue writing here on my site, and when checking, realized that it has been quite a spell since I have. My reasoning was sound, as I looked to finish a book I had started, and thought that I should concentrate more on that. Though it is very close to being finished, it still isn't. I've found that book writing takes discipline, something I was never good at. But I will finish it soon, though it has morphed from one book, to a short one with three short stories. (no pun intended)
  Anyway, cool, what is it? Do you have what it takes, are you cool? Being cool is something I've strived for all of my life, and for the most part, I have accomplished that. My first attempt was regarding engineer's boots, white tee shirts and rolled up blue jeans. Later, seeing as how we are on foot wear, came cleats nailed to the heels of your shoes, so that you would click when you went down the hall. The engineer boots, or at least it is my belief, came originally from train engineers, but made famous by returning GIs, who, returned from the war, and started motorcycle gangs.
  So what is cool, does it always change with the passing fads, or is it something more basic then that? The one thing I can think of that has remained cool through it all, is to be a rebel. To be rebellious, to rage against the machine, take the road less traveled, be your own person, be one of a kind. But it takes guts. But, if you do it, you'll be as cool as the cat's pajamas. To find where the cooler then cool are, you must never look for them in the majority, but only in the small groups.
  So now all you need do, is pick a small group of intelligent people, and join it. Individualists, always congregate in smaller crowds, it is where art is found. Wanna join the most select of all groups, one that does rail against the machine, one that, cast in stone will make you the coolest of all?
  Be a Christian, because there is nothing more courageous then announcing that you are a Christian. No other group is so maligned, and it isn't an easy road. That's what makes it cool. Of course, there is the alternative, the world's way, their idea of courage? If you choose that one, the small group you want to join to become cool, protests for gender neutral bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment