Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pixie Dust

  Just another clean sheet of paper, a new day filled with possibility, or just another day? After my morning coffee, I went to sit outside, to see just what type of day that this day was shaping up to be. It wasn't too long before I felt the hope of yesterday had come and gone without any real change. And so, I made myself more comfortable in my lawn chair, and took on that melancholy mood that comes with, just another day.
  But sensing movement up and to my right, I saw the neighbors cat perched in my tree. Ain't this a bitch I thought, I wonder if he will need help getting down from there? He seemed pretty calm and confident up there, and not panicked at all. So I figured, maybe he can make it by himself, I just hope he doesn't seriously injure himself. Maybe I should go and tell the neighbor, afterall, it was her cat, let her decide. Then I'm thinking, well, at least it won't be boring for a while, but also, what a hassle it is going to be with the fire department, hooks and ladders, and a yard full of onlookers trampling my wife's flowers.
  But the cat, remember him? God bless him, he took matters into his own hands. and started down the tree. This, he did head first, which amazed me, because if I were him, I would have gone down tail first. But he made it to ground without incident, and I said to myself, Nimble little minx. Then I wondered whether it was minx or minks, one being part of a coat, and the other of pixie dust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment