Monday, October 20, 2014

Practiced Skills

  It is a curios thing, when you become a Christian. You stop thinking in absolutes and platitudes, and begin thinking in parables. It has been something that I have been doing for a long time, although it was just yesterday when I came to realize it? What I'm saying is, that this state of mind, will come upon you too at some point. For many of you, I suspect that it has already happened? For those of you who consider this new news, you might be forgiven, because in truth, it was news to me too!
  I will give you an example. While watching football yesterday, as good as the games were, I found my self fixated on some of the player's stories. As they told their stories in the interviews, it brought to mind an article I did a ways back called, the Duality of Man. How so you ask? Listen and I will tell you.
  These finely honed athletes, these young men at the peak of their pysical prowess and profient practiced skills, fight the same battles as do the rest of us. Think to yourselves as if you were that athlete. And then consider failure. Whether brought about by a physical break down from an injury, or by the limitations of your skills? You've worked all of your lives to reach this point, and now you've been cut, now what? How then would you feel, and what is it that you would do then? If all these years of sacrifice and hard training had gone for naught, what then? The parable?
The limitations of the flesh, verses the desires of the spirit. It is an example of the duality of all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment