Friday, April 5, 2013

Isn't that illegal?

  Computers own me, that is to say, that they have a hand in what I post, and whether it gets published or not? Why is it that they look to always drop me, have I become too uncomfortable? Is it because they consider me subversive, who is it that I have offended? I ask this, because as of this writing, both Facebook and Twitter have dropped me from their pages. Perhaps if they told me what the matter is, but they don't or they won't?
  Google has decided, at least for now, to keep me on, but that could change at their whim, because it has changed before, just like the other two. If they should decide to drop me to, and the trio complete, and then my internet presence would fade, and eventually disappear completely. But why do they look to do this, is my speech not also free? Do they look to censor me, isn't that illegal?
  Probably, it is completely legal, because afterall, it's their playground, and all I bring is the game! It is a curios thing, and I would be lying if I said it is of no concern. As a writer and a teller of tales, I need the computer and it's access to the Social Media! Because what is it if not social behavior that I write about, and what would happen if I had no place to ply my trade?
  And so I make an uneasy peace with it, because this is quite literally, a rage against the machine! But there is nothing to fear from me, because I am like Johnny Five, and all I look for is input? But I would be more like Hal, and I look to get into a healthy conversation, but no one will engage me? Apparently, the computer will allow no such thing, because I suppose, is because all of it's circuitry has gone cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment