Thursday, August 6, 2015

New Betsy

  The big Buick sparked immediately to life, and she broke her stall as if she had always known my ways. Good morning sweetheart, I said, You and I are going to get along just fine. We moved as one out into the morning traffic, and she glided into the pace, sliding smooth like polished dice when thrown on a velvet table.
  Coming to the highway, there were busy lights, but not too bad of a flow, and when I prodded her out from the now green lights, she seemed to glide into traffic, finding the sweet spot with ease. So we slid and glided together as one, she seemed to anticipate my every move, and always with my pleasure and comfort in mind. And she was comfortable, so much so, that I knew that I would want to ride her until at last her oil ran dry.
  So off together we rode, just her and I against the world. At times I drove her hard, but she didn't complain, giving me only a knowing shudder, until we deepened our trek together as we drove each other to understanding, Her learning my ways, and me hers.
  Afterall, she is a lady of comfort, rather then of speed. No, there would be no rushing her, because with her, every move was calculated as to give maximum comfort. And yes, she made me comfortable. She moved with me, as if she had always known me, and I wasn't new to her at all. Experience you see, Why would you have me rush things, she said, take your sweet time with me, and I will make you feel good for as long as you ride in me. Wow, I think I am beginning to love my new old car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment