Friday, April 10, 2015

Exaggeration

  A moment of exaggeration, a momentary slip of memory. Because I had told myself, to steer clear of exaggeration a long time ago. Actually, I have beaten it for the most part, but occasionally, one will slip by now and then.
  Exaggeration makes for a better story, at least in the mind of the teller. The problem with exaggeration, is that, once it is discovered, it throws doubt on the whole story.
What I do now, is rather then exaggerate a story to make it more interesting to others, I add the blendings of comedic timing. It is a far better way to get your point across, if you can do it with humor.
  So its kind of a two pronged attack. When telling a story, try always to do these two things. Make your story honest and make it funny, I can assure you, that one is always more difficult then the other. In truth, it isn't easy to master, but what you'll find, is that once you get the hang of it, that in group settings, people will always listen to your point of view. Humor can take the sting out of a harsh reality, but more importantly is to laugh. Stop taking yourself so seriously. So, tell the truth, and tell it in a funny way. Both are learned skills. But the real key is when you want respect, is to always have your yes mean yes, and your no mean no.
  Stranger still, and this just came to me as I was about to post up. But what makes jokes funny, is that there is an element of truth in them, particularly when they are poking fun at ourselves. In that way, truth and humor are one in the same? It must be true, because now that I think of it, there is nothing funny about a lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment