Sunday, January 25, 2015

The sublime and the rediculous

  Seeing as how I am in a musical state of mind, I figured, Why not give in and talk about that? So here it is, and here it comes, From where we go from here is anybody's guess?
But I have been tinkering with the logic of it for some time lately. But as it happens, no matter how hard I try to put music into perspective, I find over and over again, that music, and the love of it, is a very personal thing, A thing of a much deeper substance. Possibly best described as a quantifying of the human spirit.
  As a writer, I often hear other writers talk about writer's block? I question it, because I don't believe I've ever experienced it, not in the classic sense anyway. But I have written about it many times, music that is, because music, all most never leaves me without a thought. Often, it is music which is the vehicle I take to get in, my ride to the sublime and the ridiculous.
  Music can be a cross town traffic jamb, or it can be a relaxing time spent on a Summer's day. Music is timeless. If you were to look around at today's music with honest eyes, it isn't hard to separate what will still be heard fifty years from now, from that which will be tomorrow's trivia question.

No comments:

Post a Comment