Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Current Affair

  Distant thoughts come back again in your mind's eye, triggered no doubt, by past occurences that you have encountered. Things that you have seen with your own eyes, come most quickly to the mind, when something similiar to that experienced moment, come again as current.
  And so it is again today, with these current goings on. In 1967, I got caught up in the Newark riots. I was in a car with a group of friends, on our way to rehearsal at the local church. All of a sudden, the back window of my friend's Olds 88 exploded! Because the report of the rifle was a second behind the explosion, I had the state of mind to think, High powered rifle?
  Snipers is what I thought. Mean while, Chuckie, who's car it was, stops abruptly, and bolts out of the driver's seat, screaming and shaking his fist at the roof tops of the near by Projects? Chuckie, I screamed, get back in the car, they're shooting at us! Chuck being quick on his feet then, immediately realized that I was right, and scrambled to get in the car. What do we do, he yelled, Get the hell outa here his cousin said, and he floored the grey ghost, and we took off down the street, with our car's door flapping wildly as we went! Anarchists and murderers, You know I love em?

No comments:

Post a Comment