Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Political Thought

  If I am to continue to publicly comment on the politics of the world, I thought that a little explanation of my personal politics and what shaped them might be in order? But to dismiss my views by derogatory means such as bible thumper, is to sell me short, not only because of your bias, but also because of your intellect? We all look to minimize those who we don't agree with.
  I don't know how long this article will be, but my plan was to even give you some insight into my childhood, and how that began to shape my opinions. This shaping of political thought occurred long before I began my search for God, which is probably another reason why your objection to my faith is not as important.
  But for the reason of time, or probably more accurately my endurance, let me give you a name that I have come to call myself. Not really a name, but probably more like a title? Compassionate Conservative. That is the best I can do to pigeon hole myself, for those of you who needs a pigeon hole? What is a compassionate conservative? For one thing, this one starts off as a Democrat. My dad was a Teamster, and back then, if you were a Teamster, you were a Democrat, thats just the way it was.  My mom, who was the more intelligent of the two was an independent, although it would be many years until I understood what that meant? So for me, I did as most kids did, I became what my parents were, and so I talked and thought as a Democrat, up until I first registered at about 45 years of age. Did I also mention that I was hopelessly apathetic in my younger years?
  But I think that there is a distinct difference between the two parties, and for the purpose of simplification, this is what I was taught. That the Republicans were for the economy and big business, and the Democrats were for the people? Being middle class, was another reason to be a Democrat, because supposedly, they were for the people? My dad was pretty basic in his politics, and never really giving it much thought? But it was my mom who explained the importance of a balance between the two parties. Balance was the key, look always for the center!
  So why is it then that I am so against this administration? Because they have taken the party so far left, that left unchecked, that next, we will all be waiting for our party cards to come in the mail? If the Democratic party is to survive and remain viable, we must first purge ourselves of these extremists! This hard left face is not a good look! What do I mean by hard left? Lets' forget Benghazi and all of the rest of the scandals brought on by this current group, and concentrate on one simple facet of what this administration believes. How about the president's flip flop on the abortion issue? When campaigning in 08, and indeed, well into his first term, the president claimed to be pro life? Now, he not only believes in abortion for the two reasons of most Americans, that being the health of the mother, or if she were the victim of a crime, but now believes in abortion on demand, and that my friends is hard left! Besides the moral implications, to expect that as a tax payer, that I must pay for some bimbo, who is either too lazy or too arrogant to use any of the myriad of birth control methods, and now wants to snuff out a life, that is not only hard left, but down right criminal!

No comments:

Post a Comment