Sunday, March 16, 2014

Order of Melchizedek

  I have finally been freed from the question that has haunted me the most! That being, Who I am? Some of you might remember, that I posed that very question awhile back? And though it was meant tongue in cheek, it, like all humor had an element of truth to it.
  But it came to me in church this morning, that is to say, tonight, hours after the service. My Pastor was teaching from the book of Hebrews. But before we even got into it, there was a moment of comedy? It seems that there had been a problem with the printing of the day's program, as it had Pastor Chris teaching from the 14th chapter, and there isn't one? But anyway, in the teaching, he talked about the High Priests of the Order of Melchizedek. Priests who were steeped in the knowledge of the deeper things, but men none the less! The difference between the Priests of Melchizedek and Jesus Christ, was that Christ, though tempted in every way, did not sin! The priests though men like him, were just that, men. They gave into their temptations, and they were all sinners!
  But now that I have that clear in my mind, I can tell you what I meant? Surely you must have asked yourself, What question? Well, now that I do know who I am, I can speak freely! For awhile there, I was wandering if I might be him in some strange way? Now as you might imagine, a thought like that will knock anyone for a loop! But each time I would think that, I would always say to myself, Can you imagine an ego that big? I can assure you with all the sincereity I can muster, that I am not Him! and thank God for that! Because as John once said, there is one who comes after who is The Lamb of God! But this time, He comes back as The Lion!
  In my defense, I know things that I should have no way of knowing. I see through hypocrisy very quickly, and the mysteries of life are less mysterious every day! No, I am just a man, a type of him, but not him. But what I am, is a Priest in the Order of Melchizedek, just a man, a simple sinner, and to that I say, Halleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment