Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Grapevine

  I heard through the grapevine, that there are those within the Christian community who wonder whether I am the anti-Christ? I don't really know how to respond to that, but for what its' worth, I can assure you that I am not! This is not the type of grapevine that is easily heard, because this one speaks only in nods and whispers. In truth I can hardly blame them, because I know that I don't fit the bill as to someone who you might have expected? I know that I am two people, but then again, we all are. Your physical self, as well as your spiritual self, the self that is eternal. The problem for me, is that I get lost sometimes between the two, a good problem to have I suppose? But the anti-Christ? Really? If nothing else, whether you agree with my political views or not, I think that anyone who has read this site with any regularity, would agree that I strive to live up to the title, and I tell you only what I believe to be the truth! Not that I can't lie, in fact, I used to be quite good at it. I could weave so many tales, that you could never get your head around them. Semantics is the science of artful lying. In fact, so good was I at deceit, that I never got lost in that fabled tangled web. So if you knew me personally, and you had seen that side of me, then that too might bring about doubt?
  So what's the point of all of this? Well, because I have already told you that I don't know who I am, and because that leaves so little room, I have come to accept those things about me of which I am sure! First, I am a man of God, and it is God who made me a writer! How good of a writer he made me, remains to be seen? Because the only way to judge success in our society, is by two primary ways? One is that you make a lot of money from whatever it is that you do, and the second being that you become famous? I am neither rich or famous, in fact, with all the writing that I've done, so far I haven't made a nickel?
Along those same lines, I got to speak directly to one of my favorite living authors the other day! I spoke to Eric Mataxas on the radio. Briefly, very briefly! I came to know of him by reading his book on Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a great man of God, who spoke out against Hitler and the direction that his native Germany was going. He spoke up for and aided the Jews, and they executed him for it. It is a great book! Also, I am reading Charles Krauthammer's book, whose vocabulary is way beyond mine! Both men have impeccable educational credentials. Compared to them, I am an uneducated oaf! But I have found that wisdom can come from simple observation. Case in point: Did you know that you can see the topography of a lake bottom by observing how it freezes on the top? Frozen waves near the shore, channels, eddies, and deep sink holes, all freeze differently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment