Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mookie

  It is said, that sometimes, reality is stranger then fiction, and certainly that is true. And so it is, that circumstances in life brought about this story, and it being strange, in that the circumstance at hand had to do with death, particularly, a death in the family. I had been thinking about a fictional account, filled with metaphorical messages to a larger truth. But sometimes, life will give you a story, and this one just fell in my lap? So in this tale I'm about to tell, be assured that every word is true, because it came from an actual encounter.
  As it happened, I had to call an old childhood friend, to tell him of the bad news. And after all the expected sadness was expressed, and proper respect given the subject, we attempted to catch up, as it had been many years since we last spoke. So the conversation turned to more of current events, and just life in general. You who read me might not believe this, but it was he, not I, who brought up politics. I did my best to fend off the issue, but he was persistent. Now my intent in this story, especially because it is true, is to change the names to protect the innocent? So let's just call him by a name he chose for himself, rather then his Christian name. Mookie, yeah that's right, perhaps because he was a Met fan?
Now Mookie was always a kook, even from a very young age, he always did things outside the norm. At around nineteen or twenty, Mook went off to join the Hare Krishna's. In fact, soon after his decision, a bunch of us went to Newark Airport to see him perform in all his garb. But for whatever reason, Mookie's troop was at Idlewild and not Newark?
  Again, since his childhood, Mookie was a non conformist, and so when he first told me these outrageous things, I put it off as nothing more then his quirkiness?  Before his outrageous political beliefs were made known, he spoke briefly of spiritual matters. I could tell by his rhetoric, that he was most probably a follower of Sufi? Sufism is a bastardized form of Islam where you mix it with various Eastern mysticisms. All of which is similar, in that each teaches self awareness, and gives instruction and exercises to achieve this awareness of body and mind. The most obvious of these is Yoga. But all of them talk about inner peace, and a way to spread this newly acquired peace to others. That is why I was so surprised when the Mookster went off on his political tirade! How far left was his thinking? Though I have talked to 9/11 truthers before, I was amazed at what he called on as truth? Not only did the U S government plan and execute the whole attack and murder of it's citizens, but Mookie gave the government a name? He said, " There was real evil in the Whitehouse then, and the Bush family was behind it."  If that wasn't outrageous enough, they, the Bush family, were satanists, and even had an alter for blood sacrifices?? But like I said, Mookie always was a bit of a kook!

No comments:

Post a Comment