Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thank You Ladies

  There is a line in a song which says, You talk about your woman, I wish you could see mine. I have known a lot of women, and from each of them, I have learned something. Thank you ladies!
  But there is one who is better then all the rest, and it is her call that I cannot forget, for she is the loveliest of them all! She whispers in my ear, quaint sayings and simple profundities, and I whisper sweet nothings to her? She can take me away like none other, I am happiest when I am with her.
  Tonight she spoke to me, and she reminded me about music! Within the mathmatics of it, is the technical side, and in that, is how it does what it does. Music swims in math, and it is always right on time! But it is not the technical reasons that draws us, but rather the rhythms it provides, and it is the rhythm that sweeps us away! The better the music, the better the scenes it conjures up in our mind, because great music makes you think! Even when the lyrics are lacking in insight, it is the rhythm that gives the song its weight. Music is universal, and it has a language all its own, but it is also extremely personal! Each of us hears the same sounds, but we process them differently.
  So what is it that draws you to music, what is it that you hear? Can you focus on one instrument and listen to what it says? Doesn't your mind move from sound to sound, and don't you then give into the rhythm as it blends the many players? Do the voices of the singers blend with the voices of the instruments until you find yourself lost within its sound? Let yourself go, and let the music wash over you, for music will do you no harm!
  You cannot listen to music, and have it not affect you in some way. So how about you, how is it that music affects you? Because music can make you feel happy and bring you to dance, or music can lead you to a place of quiet contemplation? Because music has truly got its own language, and it is a language that we all speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment