Friday, July 15, 2022

The Siren's Sing

   And so I said to the Lord, Thank you for leading me to understanding, for I was as a petulant child. I had hurriedly mounted my steed, and went off sword raised to the sun, I was off to challenge what I did not understand, but now I do. Praise you Jesus! For as I've been told so often, that,You never move, and so you don't. But rather it was I who moved from you. I allowed Doubt and worry, those two twin sisters of hell, to cause me to lose focus. But still, to blame them alone and not myself also, would be a lie, for Lord knows I have a wandering eye. Focus is so easily lost, if it isn't one thing, it's another. 

  We are a stubborn and stiff necked people, and we flaunt our very best jewelry. For we are a proud lot, so proud of ourselves that we are easily distracted. While we primp ourselves in the mirror,  with no thought for the One. Money, and the love of money, is what feeds the self gratification these so desire. But self is a tyrant, it, is never pleased. 

  Necessary? perhaps, but Money, with all of her charms, are the sirens who call to us from the rocks of a rocky island, with the storm's waves crashing all around. They are beautiful to behold, and their sweet sounding voices are most pleasant to the ear. It is a strong calling for they are desirous, but if clearly heard, they sing of destruction. But still they cry out all the louder. They cry out to passers-by, Come with us they say, come and take what is yours. Funny what they say, for they are right to a point, but so wrong overall.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment