Monday, May 23, 2022

Too much Monkey Business

   Never let an epidemic go to waste, and if you can't find one, make one up. Did you know that fear sells more than does sex? Well, maybe more neck and neck.. But this occurred just hours ago. I took a trip to the thrift store, right around the block from me. I was hoping to find a used electric typewriter. My paranoia is my own.  The store was mostly empty except for some kid I saw lurking around, and two old women. They were both masked, I of course, I wasn't, because I thought the mandates were over? It was obvious that I made both women nervous, the sales girl more than the customer. Nice, typical grandma looking, but nasty. Apparently, someone somewhere had scared these otherwise fine old ladies into becoming rude and just plain fragile victims, who had just recently drank from the new Kool Aid.

  Monkey pox flu, the next panic to spread at long last. That is of course, how you'd see it, if you were them. After all, they had gotten about as much out Covid as is possible. A new disease is just what the doctor ordered. Public notification: Monkey pox, is NOT contagious, period. Oh they'll try selling it, they push and they'll spin, and try, once more, to make something out of nothing. Me thinks we Americans are sick of your tricks. But be ready for it, ignore it as best you can, but don't let your anger get the best of you. Remember, they are like children, wisdom is foreign to them, Entertain me they cry, where is the toy in the box?

No comments:

Post a Comment