Monday, February 27, 2017

Encounter

  Immediately I was engulfed by the spinning lights of many colors that swirled at the edge of the craft. Within the circle of spinning lights was a warm bright light. The light came from the craft directly over my head, bright but not unpleasant. When I looked up to see more detail of the ship itself, I could see nothing but the light. The madness of the periphery of spinning lights and their low level hum ended at the edges, and the warming peaceful light shined quietly everywhere else. The inner light was quiet, and this helped put me at ease. So at ease, that I never once gave thought to the worry about the craft landing on me and squashing me like a bug. Somehow I knew that the craft was content for now to just hover. 

As the enormity of what was happening started to be accepted,  my head became filled with questions, but I decided to keep still and just enjoy the peace that the light made me feel. Also, for what reason I can not tell you, but I was convinced that this was all there was to be, no visitor would appear from an unseen door, and this too helped to put me at my ease. I had no idea where I was or how much time had passed, but all I can tell you is that I have never encountered such total peace. 

I remember feeling grateful and thinking to myself, Wherever I am, I could stay here forever. Total peace and contentment, sure, why not? I raised up my arms outstretched to the light, and from somewhere the most fragrant and beautiful breeze I have ever known, blew across my body. And with this breeze, beautiful music of a type I had never heard sounded all along the lighted area. But now finally my mind caught up, and curiosity got the better of me, and my mind became flooded with questions. But as this rush of questions mounted in my mind, I could began to sense that the  feeling of complete peace began to fade. The music stopped abruptly,  and the warming light began to darken, I thought in the noise of the now spinning colors that I heard a voice say, "I have answered all of your questions, even those that you have not yet thought to ask". With that the craft whirred in bright colors to life, and was gone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment