Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Constitutional

  While out with Max, to do the morning run of our twice daily routine, otherwise know as walking the dog. During this particular constitutional, we fell on disagreement. You see for me, this is only a chore, one done twice daily. For my part, I try to do it with little complaint. But on the other hand, I'm out there for him, afterall, I'm not the one who has to poop on a leash. But for Max, our twice daily jaunts are far more then just a chance to relieve himself, and given his druthers, Max would druther be out for as long as possible.
  But again, from my perspective, this is just drudgery, and so I pretty much expect him to poop on command, so that I can get back home, and rid myself of my half of the leash. To be fair to the both of us, more often then not, we will fall into a cadence that is mutually acceptable. He getting his fill of butt scent, and I remain patient enough to let the poor dog poop in peace.
  But still, there are those other times, when Max seems intent on busting my balls, by taking his sweet time, and dilly dallying all along the way. He is intent on prolonging his scent time, and makes it more of a priority then the pooping, which is why he is out there. Today was one of those days, and our usually pleasant conversation went like this:
  Be a good boy Max, will ya, or are you going to be a ball buster? You should know by now, that you can't win, as I am a world class ball buster from way back. But Max was into his, I'm so disinterested in the whole affair, that I didn't even hear you routine, and so, he continued on his slow deliberate pace, until I could take no more, and gave him a swift kick in the ass! That did it. He returned to being my good boy again, pooping, and then moving on smartly.

No comments:

Post a Comment