Friday, July 31, 2015

Just Me

  I started out as a child. I have always loved that line. I was the recipient of many a gold star in kindergarten, and in fact, if it weren't for that unfortunate scene in the sandbox with Mary Lou Reid, you might even say that I was a model student?
In grade school I got straight A's, right up until the end of fourth grade. Fifth was a little iffy, and as for sixth? Well, it was obvious by then that the train was going off the track.
  Girls certainly had a lot to do with this change, as it was at that time, I realized that I was shy. It was also at that time, that though I was shy by nature, that I realized, that by keeping it funny, no one would be the wiser. As you have probably already guessed, that was the begining of the A's becoming F's. It may well have been the begining, but it was also the end, as my grades remained at the just failing level throughout the rest of my public school days.
  Now I would like to tell you, that it was because of my superior intellect being so bored with school, that that was the reason. But certainly the fact that I had embraced a wise guy image, played a big role in my scholastic failures. The question I used to ask myself was, would I change it if I could? Yes, I guess that I would? I would have remained funny, and still gotten better grades. Oh, and a wouldn't have procrastinated so much. Funny, Procrastination was supposed to have been the title?

No comments:

Post a Comment