Friday, February 6, 2015

Writing

  It feels like I haven't written anything for quite some time? But while scrolling through comments and the like, I was drawn to a music video that I had posted up some time ago, and I was reminded that I do write. In truth, I am always writing, even when I don't want to? Often, while sitting watching something on TV, I will hear something interesting, a song who's title I want to remember, or a snippet of news that I found odd or interesting. And I will jump up out of my cushy seat, and begin looking for a pen and a scrap of paper to write the note on. Most of the time, these notes on scraps of paper, become lost almost immediately after putting them down, and soon after, forgotten all together? It seems that my house, to a much lessor extent then my work area, becomes a blizzard of forgotten notes and half finished thoughts? This condition is, or certainly can be a problem for my wife, who sometimes scolds me about it?
  But then, that is the point isn't it? Writer's write, it is what we do. Lately though, it occurred to me, that there are now a whole slew of us, as the advent of the internet has spawned a tidal wave of bloggers and new writers. They write about all manner of things, and there is always someone who you can read.
  As for me, I cannot not write, it is something that, though I try to at times, it is something that I can't not do? It comes mostly in waves. The weightier subjects come in huge and rolling, and I get totally caught up in them. But most come in like small even waves, that lap the shore rhythmically.
  The point of all this, is that I would encourage everyone to write. You don't have to be Henry Wadsworth, Poe or Socrates, all you need do is sit down and write down your thoughts. Write your thoughts on the events of the day, whether on your personal day, or what it is that went on in the day's news. It really doesn't matter what you choose to write about, the point is to write! I would encourage this all the more if you are a Christian. Simply sit down and write a letter to God, about how you feel about the events and people who affect you. If the idea of writing to God is a bit much for you, just get in the habit of journaling for your own information. What you will find in a short time is two things. One, your words will become phrases, and your phrases and sentences, much easier, each time that you do it. You will also find out, whether you do this because you want to, or if because you think you should? There is a difference. In short, writing will become something that you love to do, or something that is nothing more then another chore. But for those of you who come to love it, and are Christian, you will get very good very quickly, and you're writing will become a conduit to God. Your sentences and paragraphs will become more then prayers, but sonnets to God. And God will answer you by giving you more wisdom with every page you write. Wisdom that you can write down and pass onto others, or private wisdom, that you will keep in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment