Monday, February 23, 2015

Two Dippers

  Have you ever been secondary to the primary? Have you ever yearned for something, so close that you can taste it, and yet so far from reach? What reasons come like a rainfall's fall, what past remembrances still hurt today, when they pour back down in remembrance? These moments are always recalled with thoughts like, Why not, if only, and if only I could go back in time, I would have done things differently. You think to yourself, I was a fool, and I let it slip through my fingers. I would have, I should have, I could have, but didn't. How final a place like that can be. Sometimes still, even though that chance was long ago, a part of you still wonders and thinks, Could I change it, maybe there's still a chance?
  I'm sorry to have to do this to you, as I'm sure that the above had a point there somewhere? But something has come up, so I'm about to switch gears. I had just come in from the outside, where I had been blowing smoke into the sky, and noticed that the moon had disappeared from my sky? Only about two hours before, it shone bottom cresent like a smile, located as would be the noon day sun. But here again, only a short amount of time later, and the moon was nowhere to be found? I checked and looked from horizon to horizon, and still I could not find the moon? If that weren't enough, the night sky here tonight is crystal clear dark blue, and looking up again, I noticed that the stars looked very different tonight, as I couldn't find the dippers either?

No comments:

Post a Comment