Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Courage to Wait

The Courage to Wait  This one speaks loudly for me. I absolutely hate to wait! It stems mostly from what my wife would say is an acute lack of patience. If patience is a virtue, I am glad that there are others, because admittedly, I have very little patience. If I am patient at all, it is because I am tying to be polite, it is a conscous decision that I must make. Case in point. When I bank at all, it is only to go to an ATM machine for cash. Most people are quick about it, so if there is a person already in line, I do wait patiently. But on those occasions when you have a person who is so lazy, that they are going to sit in their car, and feed the machine one written check at a time. Patience, at least my patience is then pushed to the limit! Why do that in a line meant for speed? Why not go into one of the other lines, where you can hand all of that paper work to a teller? Now that person is not only lazy, but rude, and he or she has no respect for the people who wait behind them. At this point, lack of patience will soon become anger, and unless something doesn't give, I know myself well enough, that I'll usually just go and try later. It's either that, or ease Betsy up on the guy's bumper, and push the rude fool out of the way!
  Now no such option is open when we wait on the Lord. He's one guy, who you just can't push. Still, fully aware that things are very much not in your control, we can pull away there too, giving up on acomplishing whatever task we hoped to complete. Which when dealing with God, is never a good thing. Apparently, His timing doesn't always align itself with ours? Maybe because he is on eternal time, where we are all 60 second men?

No comments:

Post a Comment