Sunday, December 28, 2014

Telling Stories | RZIM

Telling Stories | RZIM  One of the best things you can do with your children is to read to them. Better yet, is when that mom or dad improvises a bit, to make it more current and relevant to the children. In stories, are tales of wonder, especially so with children. Their minds are like spunges, and even though they don't understand the concept, parables and metaphors are not lost on them.
  Some of the best stories can be found in the bible, and certainly the children will pick up some wisdom along the way. Though I had long forgotten it, my mother used to read to my brother and I. How I came to remember it, was by the fact that I knew the 23rd Psalm by heart, but had to think as to how? Eventually, I saw in my mind's eye, a memory from long ago, my Mother sitting at the end of our bed reading to us.
  Read to your children, and impart to them a love for the written word.

No comments:

Post a Comment