Thursday, November 13, 2014

Love and Rules

Love and Rules  We all start out as children after our rebirth into the spirit. When I was very young in the Lord, I was taught the basics by a very strict sect. Because of the circumstances that brought me to look to God, I was determined to do it their way. But as with everything, as I became the equivelant to a teenager in Christ, I began to doubt the strickness of those precepts that they taught. What I found out was, that it was the questions I had regarding the strickness of those rules which did two things. What I was really wanting was the deeper truths of God, and by my moving to answer those questions, by their answers, I came to a closer relationship with God.
  The problem was, and in a large degree still is, is that people desire the order that only religon can give. And so in reality, what they seek is instructions. That is what the law is, instructions. The problem is that often times the instructions seem too difficult, and we loose sight of what is really important. Today, we have a lot of what I call, the Jot and Tittle crowd? These are the ones who still hold to the strickness, as they need the order, all of which is fine. But the problem arises when another saint doesn't follow those guidlines in the same way they do. This is also when many a well meaning saint has come to judge another's walk, and by so doing, no matter how well intended their criticism, the result is a division within the church. Those who adhere to the law, let them do so, and do not judge them. But also, those who look to the spirit, let them do so, and do not judge them either. For you haven't been called to judge each other, but the Godless; though that time is not yet at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment