Monday, June 1, 2015

A most beautiful Lady

  Whether deep in thought, or in some kind of trance, I do not know, Because one is so like the other. While in this state of mind, I was thinking of admirable things. Things like truth, honor, justice and courage. And then I was in a room, a room with just one table, and no other furnishings. It was a room whose walls were stone, with high ceiling, and great stone pillars at intervals around the room. In front of me was a long winding staircase, and at its top, were a series of arches, all in alignment. As I looked up at it, the floor above filled with light. And then I saw four figures who appeared as men. These were mighty men, and all of the four were regaled in battle dress. Their countenance was as a ghostly apparition, and each was aglow in a golden light. They made their way down the staircase, one granite step at a time, two each, one on either side along the railings. They themselves were stoic in there movements, they neither spoke or made a sound. But from behind them a wind blew, and it breezed down with them to the room where I was standing.

  They did not speak to me, nor do I think they were aware of me. I stood off to the side, in the shadow of a corner. They spoke not to themselves either, but moved in unison, two on either side of the base of the stairs. Truth and Honor on one side, Justice and Courage on the other. Each looked straight ahead and steadfast, the sternness of their faces made me feel ill at ease. But still they spoke not a word, nor did their stern glances fall upon me.

  And then, from somewhere at the top of the staircase, a warm breeze descended, on the room. It brought with it, the freshness of many flowers, and a sweet and beautiful fragrance filled my nostrils. With the fragrance, the wind brought with it a white light, which flowed down into the room, bright white at the top of the stairway, and a softer light below. The light moved like fog, filling the chamber with a lovely ambiance.

  But then the soft breezes turned into a strong wind, and the hair and beards of the four ghostly warriors blew about their faces. Though the sound of the wind was like a hurricane, the blow felt warm and pleasing to the skin.

And then, at the top of the stairs appeared a beautiful lady, and though bathed in flowing white, an explosion of color appeared all around her. They streamed out alone like shards of individual color, as if snapping off from the tips of her tattered garment. These single colors of yellow and blue, mixed with other colors at the edges of the white glow, making new colors, colors I have never seen before in dreams, colors for which there is no name.  Her countenance was so beautiful, that she took my breath away. Then, the men at the bottom of the staircase moved, One by one, saying as they bowed, Truth without love is nothing, Honor without love is nothing, Justice without love is nothing, and the last said, There is no courage without love.

  Having said these things, the four mighty men began to ascend the stairs in the same manner as they had descended them. As they ascended, the most beautiful vision, that is Love, turned, moving toward the row of arches. As she left, she took with her all of the many colored lights, leaving behind, the dimly lit room. It was as if she was pulling in her wake, all that was so beautiful, and when she was gone, all that remained was her fragrance, and I breathed it in deeply, and then I was alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment