Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Yuppie and the Athiest

  Sometimes you just can't catch a break, it just keeps coming at you? Life that is! It doesn't stop, because the problems of this life are many. Personal, local, nationally, and so on.
But I've found that you just can't see to them all? You have to be able to slow the process down, because the real important ones will hit you smack dab between the eyes! Each will clamor for your attention, but take the immediate first. One at a time, slow the pace down. Just like anybody else, I got problems. In fact, I gotta ton of problems, trust me, you wouldn't want my problems. Now I'm not one to complain, but lately, the problems have really been coming from all sides, and they are coming real fast!
The Punk,
  This is a tie in to what is written above. I assume that that was a public service announcement? During the height of all of those problems, I had a confrontation with a punk! Now see, where I come from, we call them punks. Thugs and punks, which one is which? Your words, they are taking away your words! But anyway, here's how it went down. I'm walking up the main sidewalk near the golf course, and this was just after a snow, the sidewalk was pretty slick! Anyway, theres' two of them, one white and one black. I found it funny, because the white guy was on the tractor, and the black guy was using the blower. Neither one of them belong here, they were too well dressed to be farm hands. The black kid was nice, we even shared a joke at the white guys expense! But the white guy? The white guy was a punk! I'm struggling up the walk, staying near the edge to stay dry from the water. So the kid, this punk, cuts right in front of me, and drove intentionally slow. But I followed behind him, and I made a monkey out of him! Which is appropriate on many levels, because the kid was a yuppie/athiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment