Saturday, May 26, 2018

Happy Memorial Day

  Honor our warriors, both past and present. Those who's blood and suffering was done so that we remain free. Even for those who use that right to disrespect our great country. Those who for whatever reason, can't find the greater need within our troubled nation for unity, and consider their point of view as more important than to honor our flag and our Nation.  

And now on a more personal note,

  As for me, I am spending this day the same way I do most, alone. But today, probably because of the Holiday, I got disconbobulated, in other words, out of sync. I was late to start my Saturday morning routine, and was quite late for my usual Saturday morning fare. So finally, I watch the two recorded shows from earlier of Have Gun Will Travel, and then topped off the drama I had just watched with some comic relief, and watched The Simpson's episode i had recorded at 11:30 last night.  

  Now here's the thing I found interesting in the three shows. All three productions were about cutlery. Paladan fought a knife fight to the death, and a sword fight that injured his opponent, but left the moral of the story in tact. And as for my choice of comic relief, Homer is made King for the day, that day being during the time of Mozart. He, Homer, is in search of a wife and a Queen with which in his words, wants to get a bun in the oven ASAP. Many apply to fill the bill, but as each one fails him for some reason, he has them guillotined. In the end, Lisa poisons her Brother Mozart, and winds up insane and taken to the jail for the criminally insane. 

  You know, it wasn't such a bad day afterall.    

No comments:

Post a Comment