Friday, December 15, 2017

A Painting in a Painting

  Outside not long ago, I was struck by a Hallmark scene. The snow fell soft and quiet, a mixture of snow laced with rain. The sky was completely grey, and I stood for a moment and took the time to enjoy the scene. It was one of those perfect shots, one that had no signs of progress in the way like cars, telephone poles and the like, just God's creation, beautiful and perfect. How perfect you might ask? So perfect that it was as if inside a snow globe. The globe stood alone on a round oaken table, dark stained with the fluted three legs bent out at the bottom on a slight radius forming the perfect tripod support. 

  This table scene is at the center of the painting, while in a shaded room, where an old man stood painting the details of the globe.  The area in which the old man painted was accented by a soft yellow light that threw shadows across the room out from the center. 

  That last line will have to do even though I had planned more detail to the painting. But as I was going along, I suffered storius interuptus, a malady to many I suppose, but the urgency of the interruption was unavoidable. Anyway, one last thing with the layered perspective. You are standing at a distance looking at the painting, so you become the living layer of the completed scene. And if someone should take a picture of you while viewing the art work.., well, that just adds yet another layer, so you can just take it from there on your own. 

  I haven't written on this site for a while, and so for whatever reason, I thought of it like a present to you for this, the Holiday season. Seeing as how we are just around the corner from yet another year, I pray that all goes well for you and yours, and on a larger scale, that Americans continue to awaken from the spell that was cast over this great land, and that we begin again to look for those things that unite us, rather than the division that is likened to our own civil war. I've seen it up close and personal. I lost a childhood friend from it, and just last night, a friend of mine told me that political correctness had divided his family. I guess thats it for now, see you all soon, and have a happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment