Monday, August 21, 2017

One nation under God

  God I love this country, and I am saddened deeply by what I see. I see a people who are moving towards doing what no nation on earth could dream of doing, and that is to destroy this great land. A house divided cannot stand, you have probably heard that somewhere before. We are busy eating ourselves alive, while outside our borders,  death and mayhem are everywhere. As for the prophetic side of things, I have been so saddened, that I went to see how a similar event in history compared to this our time. I went to the book of Jeremiah in the bible. Jeremiah was known as the weeping prophet because, he cried because of what was going to happen to his nation and their people if they did not turn from the way they were going. He cried because the Lord had told him, that if they didn't heed the warnings that he gave them from Him, that not only would the nation fall, but all of it's people would be taken off to Babylon, with most to be used as slaves. Not only did the people ignore his warnings, but they also ridiculed him also, and that couldn't have felt too good. 

  As for myself, I'm not a cryer, I get mad at the situation. The hardest part to except of the Serenity Prayer is excepting the things you can't change. This weekend in Boston, I saw a glimmer of hope, as even though there were a few instances where the the morons turned to violence, for the most part, it was a peaceful demonstration from both sides. Who knows, maybe a common respect and dialogue will begin?  

  This country must come together, we must learn to agree to disagree at times, but also to put away all thoughts of violence. It is not news to any of you that the world is a very dangerous place. We, all of us, no matter our political views must come together as one people again. Because if we choose to remain stubborn, and choose instead to embrace the ways of division, I just can't help but wonder who our Babylon will be?  

No comments:

Post a Comment