Saturday, July 9, 2016

Finding the Truth (3.)

  And so obviously, I've been doing a lot of thinking about this truth stuff, and so the Lord said to me, Yup Ed, you're right about that, and people have to learn to trust each other again, to speak to each other, rather than speaking at each other. Great idea, but what about you? Me? I speak the truth, you know I named my site Tested Truths. I always tell the truth. Have you told them who you are, and by what authority you think to say such things? Shouldn't they know about who it is that writes such things? Have you told them what it is you believe and why? You don't have to explain it to them, unless of course, someone asks of you an answer, but you do have to tell them what it is you believe. I think they know all that already Father, I've been telling them... Tell them what you believe! yes Lord.
  Um, OK, well you heard it, its fess up time for me, but first, let me get in one more political point. The country is so divided, that we have begun to splinter off into sub groups within groups, nobody really knows what is going on. But why? How have we become this divided, why is it that we are as divided now as we were in the time of President Lincoln, at the time of the civil war. Again, how has this happened, how is it even possible, and most importantly, who is to blame? Well gang, there just isn't a way around it. Spin it how ever you want, blame the Republicans, blame the Senate, blame the press, blame the people? No, this violently divided country is the sole responsibility of President Barack Obama. As another president once said, the buck stops here. He was not only the President, but also the Commander in chief. Besides the racial tensions he helped stir up, the rest of the world is on fire during his watch. I can still hear the desperately stupid ones say weakly, yeah but Bush? What? That was 8 years ago man, he owns this mess. Because he was the first man of color elected, history will tread lightly on him, but his true legacy is that under his leadership, the country is so violently divided on so many issues, its ridiculous. I voted for him in 08. I did so because I hoped that it would fulfill Dr. King's dream, that we had made it, we had lived up to our creed. Finally, this nation could put the ugly scars of racism away forever. But no, it wasn't to be, instead he took us backward. Hollywood stars would recall the dragging death by some KKK people from the early fifties and equate that with I believe it was the Trayvon Martin kid, the one killed by some over zealous cop wanna be. The point is, the country had people of color in every powerful position in the country, and we were being told we are racist? Obama's true legacy is that he has been the most divisive President in the history of this country. Black people deserved better, all Americans did.
  By the way, this ends the Finding Truth series, but I haven't forgotten, I'll fess up in the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment