Friday, December 27, 2013

Sit down and type it Ed,

  I had meant to write you all on Christmas Day, but you might say that logistics got in the way? It wasn't for lack of trying mind you, as I have three in the hopper, or three in the can if it was film? But the timing wasn't right, I couldn't get to the computer, it wasn't my fault!
  I find that it isn't a good thing to write them without printing them, because I wind up tearing them apart! And if incessant editing wasn't bad enough, more often then not, they don't get printed at all. Usually for one of two reasons? Either I figure that they weren't good enough, or, this one more often then not, I figure, What's the use?  
  But anyway, I have some time now, so I am typing this one before it winds up like the others? Here is what happened at our Christmas schwaree just the other day. We have Christmas every year, and this year it was just the immediate family! In years gone by, just family could sometimes erupt into arguments, but certainly not this year, as this one was better then I remember for a long time! This year, we all got along great, and there wasn't even any cheap shots taken! Poifect? So I'm watching these family members as they passed the full length mirror that we have in our hallway hanging on a door. Looking at the mirror more then the passing people, I thought, isn't a mirror the perfect metaphor for seeing the two sides of life, That which is outside the mirror is true life, and on the other, that which is inside the mirror, is just an image? A perfect likeness, but it can never be correct. Because what you see in the mirror is all wrong, its backwards, not life at all, but counterfeit life. But also, the linear plane of a mirror is a way to view that dividing line of good and evil? Let me explain. Again, taking my family as an example. The reflections in that mirror on Christmas day were as life should be, life as God intended! But on the other side of that mirror, where everything is backward, whispers would have been hidden, and hurt feelings could have brought the opposite.  Had that mirror shown anger and harsh words, then evil would have triumphed over good. If you believe there is good, then you must agree that there is also the opposite. Evil is the underbelly of life, and all that divides from it, is the flat glass of a mirror!
  A very belated Merry Christmas to you all! I can't help but wonder how many responded to my prayer? I prayed that each of you, before you dug into your food, took a moment to reflect on the reason for the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment